2009/06/07

Western-style Single Homes in South Korea (I)

If you are a tourist from abroad or an expatriate, you may wonder if you can find any high-end neighborhood or village with a lot of beautiful western-style single homes with manicured lawns and flowered gardens in South Korea.
As a matter of fact, it's becoming more and more difficult to find decent single homes, particualarly in mega cities like Seoul and Incheon because those metropolitan cities are almost covered by apartments, condominiums or villas, due mainly to the lack of land for human habitation isince the cities are surrounded by the so-called greenbelt. But it's too early for you to give up because you can still have chances to find some even in Yeongjong Island where the airport is actually located.
Last Sunday, May 10, 2009, my wife, daughter and I was invited to visit my brother-in-law's home (above) in Unseo-dong, near the airport, to have lunch together with his family members. including my parents-in-law, visiting them as well.
After lunch, I was able to go bike hiking with my compact digital camera in my pocket.

No comments: