2009/06/07

Mt. Cheolma Tracking (I)

On April 5, 2008, Saturday. in the afternoon, when such a beautiful light fog that looks like a profound expectations a young sailor must have before leaving for unknown harbors far away for his maiden voyage, I was able to start to go for a hiking through Mt. Cheolma around my house with my wife. Because I was encouraged by a memory of this time of year of those numerous rhododendron and sengreen flowers bloomed on every sides of the mountain when I was a small boy, though it would not probably looked exactly like the 'Yagsan (Mt.) of Youngbeon' appeared on a famous poem by Kim So-weol. The round trip takes approximately an hour and half. My favorite course for the summit is walking through the Simgokro street from my place. Actually I was used to enjoy the sudden silent and comfortable atmosphere from the bustling urban life as soon as I enter to the non-paved trail from the main street. Soon Gwangmyeong Apartment complex appeared on the righy-hand side through the forest, and the summit of the mountain, as well as the goal of the tracking far away. I can still remember the name of this area as 'Utgol (Upper hill).

No comments: