2009/06/07

Mt. Cheolma Tracking (II)

Shown on the left-hand side is a signboard for prohibiting cultivation of any agricultural product because the site is reserved for the construction of 'Gongchon Elementary School' beginning the first part of the year 2009. The small-sized mountain beyond is my family-owned graveyard where up to 12-generation of my ancestors, including my grandparents, are resting. On the occasion of my visits to my ancestral graves usually made shortly after ancestors memorial rites done at my place on New Year's Day (lunar) or Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day), it takes only 5,6 minutes by walking, thanks to its closeness. I believe the site can be called as 'Myeongdang' (a good graveyard) in view of its location; sunny place facing south, though I am still not a Chinese-Korean geomancy expert. It is my understanding that there is no basic difference between the selection of building sites and that of
graveyard sites.

No comments: