2010/08/05

A Trekking Holiday in Jeju-do Island (I)


I was in Jeju-do island during the first part of this week for a summer vacation with my wife. It's our first visit to the southernmost island of the Korean Peninsula since August 1989.
Practically, the tour was arranged as we join an Incheon MTB team, most members of which were our family friends, for its bike hiking adventure on August 1-3, 2010, taking a turn around the island counterclockwise starting from Jeju City westbound, though my wife, one of her friends who was an elementary school teacher and I decided to go trekking mostly along the famous Jeju Olle courses instead of riding bikes.

To meet the MTB team members at Gimpo (Domestic) Airport checking counter in time to be on board an Asiana flight departing 7 o'clock for Jeju Airport, my wife and I had to leave home early in the morning around 5:30. The most convenient and reasonable way to go to Gimpo Airport from my place was to take a taxi to Geomam Station, leading to take an Airport Railroad Line eastbound.

As soon as we arrived at Jeju Airport shortly after 10 o'clock, all of our team members started to move to the airport parking lot across a street in front of the airport building to get into a mini-van awaiting for our arrival. The minivan, including all of the bikes, had been transported by a car ferry steamer from Incheon through Jeju Harbor the other day.

No comments: